Relocating to the South West?
You may have fallen in love with the area whilst on holiday, or maybe your family and friends live in this region. Whatever the reason, the South West is a fantastic place to live and work and we'd like to offer you some advice and links to assist you with your relocation plans.
- Distances - If you plan to live in Exeter but are applying for a job in North Devon, don't be fooled by the distance it gives in miles. On a hot summers day, you may find it takes you 1 1/2 to 2 hours as opposed to 1 hour. This can also be said about travelling across Dartmoor, so please be aware of this when accepting a job!
- House prices - according to statistics, house prices in the South West are set to rise by 36% in the next four years up to 2016, 2% more than the UK average. To read the full article click here. To view properties for sale or rent in the area visit Red Homes Estate Agents.
- Salaries - unfortunately the salary levels in Devon and Cornwall can be lower than in other regions, even compared to Bristol which is only just over an hours' drive away. So please bear this in mind when job hunting.
- Schools - visit the Ofsted Reports page to check out the schools in the area you'd like to live.
- Things to see, places to go - we have an abundance of activities in Devon, Cornwall and Somerset, with a large focus on outdoor life. You're never far from the coast or amazing walks across the moors. There's plenty of history and culture to discover, cities to visit and great food and drink to sample. The www.visitsouthwest.co.uk website is a good place to start to find out more.